Office Survey Technician
Company: Cannon Corp
Posted on: May 14, 2022
You'll Come for a Job---But You'll Stay for an Exciting
Career!Engineering and Designing Reliable, Responsive, Solutions.
SINCE 1976, CANNON has provided creative solutions to clients in
the energy industry, water resources, public infrastructure, and
commercial and residential development. We work hard. We play hard.
We have fun. JOIN CANNON as a OFFICE SURVEY TECHNICIAN in IRVINE.
Irvine offers warm weather, beautiful scenery, and is a top
bicycling city with miles of on-road bicycle lanes and mountain
bike trails. It is one of the safest communities and the public
schools have consistently ranked among the best in California.
OFFICE SURVEY TECHNICIAN JOB SUMMARYAn Office Survey Technician
independently performs office surveying tasks and coordinates with
field surveyors, project managers, and general contractors. The
Office Survey Technician may manage small survey projects,
schedules, and budgets.OFFICE SURVEY TECHNICIAN JOB DUTIES
- Provides office land surveying support services for control,
boundary, topographic and construction staking surveys. Performs
related research, plans reviews and calculations.
- Analyzes conflicts between design plans and existing
improvements; prepares cut sheets and field notes; reviews as-built
plans, maps, records of survey and right-of-way drawings.
- Reads and interprets field survey notes, deeds, legal
descriptions, GLO and BLM field notes, parcel and tract maps,
records of survey, and construction plans.
- Uses AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Carlson Survey programs to prepare
survey exhibit drawings, survey notes, site plans, tentative and
- Makes precise measurements, interprets historical survey
records, and compiles evidence for establishing project survey
control and boundary determinations.
- Prepares legal descriptions under direction of Licensed Land
- Perform CAD drafting
- Familiar with Surveying Principles and Theory, field methods,
QA/QC practices, concepts, procedures and safety practices.
- Represents Cannon and Cannon's Clients in a professional and
- May coordinate survey work with state, local, and federal
regulatory agencies, utility companies, vendors, material
suppliers, and contractors.
- May manage small survey projects and ensure the projects are
delivered on schedule and within budget. .
- Minimum 5 years progressively responsible office work
experience in land surveying. PLS not required, but highly
- An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Land Surveying/Geomatics
or related field OR California LSIT certification highly desired,
but not required.
- Experience with developing proposals, coordination with
clients, and managing small project budgets.
- Proven ability to work effectively with peers, superiors,
subordinates, clients, and general contractors in a dynamic and
demanding work environment.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of Land Surveyor's Act,
Subdivision Map Act, applicable state and local agency regulations
governing land surveying.
- Knowledge of Subdivision Map Act for final map preparation,
review and approval processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency and working knowledge of AutoCAD
software, Civil 3D.
- Demonstrated proficiency in field-to-finish descriptor/feature
coding for auto point and line work using Civil 3D, Carlson, or
similar software. WE OFFER competitive salaries, relocation
assistance, excellent benefits package, remote work flexibility,
and an active and positive team building, work environment. Equal
Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Keywords: Cannon Corp, Irvine , Office Survey Technician, Administration, Clerical , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!