Patient Care Secretary - Irvine, CA
Company: VITAS Healthcare Corporation
Posted on: November 22, 2021
- Screens telephone calls for Team Manager. Facilitates
communication between patients/families and other team members,
- Takes and keeps daily schedule for all team members.
- Attends weekly team meetings. Prepares agenda for team meeting.
Follows through on assignments given by the Team Manager.
- Establishes, maintains, and closes patient charts in an orderly
fashion. This may include but is not limited to the mailing of and
follow-up on all required documentation such as Plans-Of-Care,
Attending Physician Authorization forms and Medical Information
- Provides back-up documentation to Billing Department routinely
and as requested.
- Orders D.M.E. and maintains record of dates ordered and
- Enters patient care and volunteer data into Vx and event
- Communicates with staff and outside agencies as directed by
- When the program utilizes part time staff, the PCS will
maintain a list of all part-time staff jointly with other patient
care secretaries. Contacts and schedules part-time staff at the
direction of Team Manager.
- Jointly with other patient care secretaries, orders supplies
and documentation forms used by the team.
- Does routine correspondence for Team Manager and other members
of the team.
- Sorts and processes all patient care mail jointly with other
patient care secretaries.
- Maintains A.D.T. and checks census daily for accuracy.
- In programs that have more than one patient care secretary,
they will cover for each other for lunch, for team meetings, and
for other short intervals of absence.
- Handles other tasks as assigned by the Team Manager.
- Three years prior work experience preferred.
- Good typing skills.
- Computer literate.
- Able to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good telephone skills EDUCATION
- High school graduate or equivalent required. SPECIAL
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
- EOE/AA M/F/D/VWhy VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer
VITAS Healthcare is the nation's leading provider of end of life
care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional
growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment
opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to
choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and
Keywords: VITAS Healthcare Corporation, Irvine , Patient Care Secretary - Irvine, CA, Administration, Clerical , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!