Commercial Credit Analyst
Company: California Bank & Trust
Posted on: August 15, 2019
Commercial Credit Analyst - Irvine
hours per week
California Bank and Trust, a leader amongst banks in California
with over $10 billion in assets and nearly 100 branch offices in
the state, is currently seeking a Credit Analyst in the Business
Lending Services department in Irvine . The Business Lending
Services Department specialize in lower middle-market commercial
loans and commercial real estate loans throughout California.
California Bank & Trust prides itself on creating Californias best
banking relationships and to do this we continue to build a team of
intelligent contributors who can add value to our clients
businesses and build deep roots in the communities we serve.
The successful candidate will perform the following job duties:
- Spreads and analyzes business and personal financial statements
and tax returns, accounts receivable and payable agings, inventory
reports, third party appraisal reports, and related material.
Analyzes financial conditions, industries, and trends.
- Collects financial information and performs covenant monitoring
and testing. Reviews and reports non-compliance with loan
- Reviews financial and reporting covenants in loan
- Completes annual loan reviews, risk grades, and problem loan
- Conducts credit investigations and analyzes credit information
pertaining to loans. Investigates all available sources of credit
and financial information, including reporting services, credit
bureaus, other companies, main office files, and branches.
- Determines cash flow using appropriate software and cash flow
- Prepares summaries, presents facts, and offers opinions
- Responsible for analyzing Commercial & Industrial, Investor
CRE, and Owner-Occupied CRE loans. May write credit memorandums for
new loans, renewals, short-term extensions, and
- Ensures that all credit files include proper documentation
including current financial statements, agency reports,
- Maintains control over current accounts, noting payment
progress, watching for any developing problems, and keeping loan
- Conducts industry research.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor's in Finance, Accounting, Business
Administration or related area of study. Completion of basic and
intermediate accounting coursework preferred.
- 2+ years of commercial credit analysis, portfolio management,
and underwriting experience.
- Knowledge of C&I Revolving and Term, Investor CRE, and
Owner-Occupied CRE loan types.
- Knowledge of financial and spread analysis, accounting, and
credit/lending procedures. Experience with Moodys Risk Analyst and
Bukers Tax Analysis preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply commercial credit principles,
theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Ability to work with lending officers and staff.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and
- Ability to use electronic workflow and credit systems.
- Requires excellent customer service, relationship,
organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with work experience +
- Health Insurance + Life Insurance and 401(k) plan generous
- Paid Training, paid Vacation, paid Holidays and promotional
opportunities offered from within
- Stable Employer, a division of Zions Bancorporation and is
included in the S&P 500 & NASDAQ Financial 100 indices.
California-Irvine-LA - Irvine
Jul 24, 2019
Keywords: California Bank & Trust, Irvine , Commercial Credit Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!