Commercial Credit Quality Control Auditor, Vice President
Posted on: February 12, 2019
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank-- and become a part of one of the world's leading financial groups. Union Bank is a member of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the world's 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. At Union Bank, we aim to be the premier and most-trusted West Coast bank, serving customers with high-touch, local delivery and global capabilities as we leverage our rich, 150-year history. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by competitive Total Rewards, including our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
The Commercial Credit Quality Control (QC) Auditor supports the objectives of the Regional Banks Commercial Credit QC Program. This includes following prescribed QC protocols, processes and / or methods designed to detect, and monitor the Regional Bank commercial credit front line business units activities ensuring adherence to all applicable policies, procedures and processes. Provide feedback of observed issues and technical assistance to front line & supporting staff, as appropriate.
* Support the Regional Bank's Commercial Credit Quality Control Program, ensuring the supported front line business units are adhering to all applicable policies, procedures and processes.
* Proactively surface identified issues to QC manager or supported business units, as appropriate.
* Primarily supports policies/procedures of higher complexity.
* Remain current with all applicable policy, procedures and process.
* Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with supported front line business units.
* Provide technical guidance to supported front line business units related to policies, procedures, processes as well as QC protocols, processes, or methods.
* Promote effective and open communication with Regional Banks team.
* Promote teamwork within the Risk & Control, as well as with other bank units.
* May act as lead or subject matter expert working within the team.
* Bachelor's degree is required.
* 5+ years of experience required with progressive lending, quality control, or examination experience of commercial & industrial credits and/or secured by commercial real estate.
* Experience in credit-related fields.
* Excellent skills in credit/financial statement analysis and/or collateral valuation analysis as well as through understanding of the banks policies, procedures and processes.
* Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
* Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Keywords: UnionBank, Irvine , Commercial Credit Quality Control Auditor, Vice President, Accounting, Auditing , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!