Senior Cost Accountant
Posted on: September 16, 2018
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates. Requisition ID: 48810 Senior Cost Accountant
The Senior Cost Accountant reports to the US Cost accounting team in Irvine and is responsible for certain cost accounting functions, listed below. This role will also assists in supporting the accounting department with other responsibilities as time permits and during down cycles.
The Senior Cost Accountant is responsible for actively assisting in all aspects of Company's cost accounting to ensure compliance with all US GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and local GAAP as well as local tax, accounting and financial regulations, required by local country legislation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
- Support cost accounting team by reconciling E&O, Inventory accounts.
- Utilizing excel and SAP data to derive E&O calculation and seek feedback to establish reserves.
- Supporting daily ECR request and standard cost set up in SAP for all devices.
- Supporting quarterly standard cost update by working with Operations and Finance.
- Review and approve scrap.
- Prepare quarterly actual vs forecast reporting (Board report).
- Prepare weekly financial metrics monthly review meeting.
- Send out month-end inventory and WIP reports to planners and review subcon reconciliations submitted by planners.
- Reconcile WIP, perpetual on hand, consigned inventory on a monthly basis.
- Prepare inventory or variance accruals at month-end.
- Review expense accounts and prepare reclass journal entries if needed.
- Prepare PPV metric monthly report.
- Monitoring cycle count activity and status on a monthly basis.
- Help Prepare forecast for absorption, POV, OH expenses, etc. (working with FP&A org)
- Possibly coordinate the subcon and hub physical counts and report the results at year-end.
- Possibly prepare yearly subcon recon schedule.
- Support SOX, internal, and external audits
- Controls costs through productivity of personnel, efficient utilization of storage space, and proper protection of stored materials.
- Maintains records of inventories and location for production control and cost accounting.
- Helps identifies the causes of product losses and takes corrective action. Minimum Qualifications
- Strong cost accounting experience - preferably in the semiconductor industry
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution.
- 5+ years of progressive Accounting experience in a cost accounting role,
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft office software to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal skills, detail oriented and able to coordinate/manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledgeable in managing an entire costing process.
- Attainment of CPA or CMA designation preferred
- Fluent in English Preferred Qualifications:
- Understanding of cost accounting principles.
- Professional experience in semiconductor/technology industry.
- Experience with SAP software.
- Inventory experience, standard costing, E&O reserve The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Skyworks is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Keywords: Skyworks, Irvine , Senior Cost Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!