Corporate Controller - Hybrid, Remote
Company: MNS Engineers
Posted on: September 15, 2023
MNS Engineers, Inc. (MNS) provides comprehensive infrastructure
services, including engineering, surveying, and construction
management to the Transportation, Water, and Government Services
markets in California. We are currently looking for a Controller to
join our team! Essential Duties and Responsibilities The function
of the Corporate Controller is to oversee the company's financial
control and provide a bridge between management and accounting.
- Responsible for accurate and timely financial reporting
- Monthly, quarterly, and yearly hard closes with budget to
actual and key metric reporting
- Preparation and timely delivery of reporting packages and
presentations to management, bank, and private equity partner.
- In coordination with senior management and Project Managers,
prepares company-wide and department budgets on an annual basis.
- Supervises the accounting department to ensure the e---ective
operation of all accounting processes (A/R, A/P, payroll, cash
---ow, ---nancials, GL, Change culture of current accounting
department to one that highly values accuracy and timeliness.
Replace and train new staff, as needed
- Leads billing manager and influences project managers to
establish and document procedures and controls to ensure accurate
and timely billing and collection
- Works with Business Unit managers, Project Managers, and
accounting staff to create new processes and procedures surrounding
contract review, initial contract set-up and ongoing project
management including managing contract amendments and resolving
project collection issues
- Coordinates with outside CPAs for production of tax returns,
audit of ---nancial statements and calculation of Overhead Rate.
Reviews and approves CPA work product (tax returns and audited
- Prepares and executes detailed plans to integrate the
accounting functions of acquired companies
- For accounting staff acquired through acquisitions, evaluates
appropriate roles, communicates cultural and performance
expectations and mentors during transition period to achieve a
successful integration DETAILED
- Manages all daily, monthly, and yearly accounting operations
and accounting information systems including general ledger
functions, asset accounting and ---nancial reporting; keeps
checklists and task lists in managing all accounting/---nancial
- Supervises the e---ective operation of all accounting processes
(A/R, A/P, payroll, cash ---ow, ---nancials, GL)
- Ensures accurate ---nancial records systems are maintained in
accordance with GAAP/FASB and in compliance with federal and state
regulations; keeps accurate records of all Fixed Assets and Balance
Sheet sub ledgers
- Coordinates and calculates OH rate and process with external OH
rate auditor and State. Works with management team to determine and
implement FAR management strategies.
- Protects the assets through e---ective internal controls,
internal auditing, risk management and direct supervision of
- Ensures that asset management/physical property, company
vehicle, and office facility lease schedules are accurate and
- Creates, interprets, and analyzes company-wide and department
budgets, forecasts and other ---nancial statements; creates monthly
and timely ---nancials (BS, IS, cash ---ow, analyses, stats,
payroll, employee utilization, etc.)
- Oversees Payroll (Vision, Paylocity) process for accuracy, and
timeliness. Recommends and maintains policies pertaining to
Prevailing Wage compliance and reporting.
- Provides Business Unit leaders and Project Managers with
project accounting, analysis of project performance, and
recommendations for improvement
- Ensures contract administration (project setup, contract
negotiation support, insurance certificates, analysis and support,
compliance, project closeout) functions are performed in compliance
with company policies. Interfaces with Project Managers as needed
to support cost proposals and contract compliance.
- Tracks reporting requirements and required returns/forms due to
government agencies with timely ---lings (e.g., 571-L property tax
returns, stock/owner statement of info, state quarterly returns,
SAM/ORCA updates, ARRA, CA use tax, waivers, etc.)
- Maintains banking/---nancial institution relationships
including line of credit, loans, etc. Ensure requirements and
covenants of bank/credit agreements are met.
- In support of IT, manage Deltek functions and analyze all data
for both accuracy and Project Manager needs.
- Works with insurance brokers for maintenance and annual renewal
of business insurance policies, manages insurance certi---cate
process for clients, as well as works with insurance co. on claims,
contract review and clari---cation, opinions on all contracts
regarding indemni---cation limits, etc.
- Supervises and mentors accounting sta--- under direct
supervision and provides oversight to ensure training, development,
and utilization of all department staff.
- Under direction of CFO, supports Stock Valuation process
including documentation, analysis, and liaison with outside
- Manages documentation of sub-consultant agreements, insurance
certi---cates, and compliance
- Works with sta--- on function cross training
- In conjunction with HR Director, supports administration of
401(k) retirement plan with ERISA audit, third party administration
and record keeper.
- Works with HR department on payroll, bene---ts, annual employee
compensation statements, and analysis as needed
- Oversees timely expense reporting and reimbursement, oversight
of company credit card use consistent with company policy and
- Oversees procurement process and approval policies/procedures
to ensure conformance with company policies and controls.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Travel up to 20% as needed Requirements MINIMUM EDUCATION,
LICENSURE, OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
- BA or BS in accounting required
- CPA license preferred; MBA recommended MINIMUM EXPERIENCE
Minimum 15 years progressively responsible Accounting/financial
management experience in AEC firm, of which at least 12-15 yrs.
Have been in position of corporate or major business division or
subsidiary as Controller/Director Accounting and Finance in AEC
firm of at least $50M-90M+ in Revenues.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED SKILLS
- At least 10-12 years demonstrated successful experience in
publicly traded, investor owned or similar Company, requiring
strong knowledge and experience with Compliance/security regulated
- Strong knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in
Transportation/FAR environment, regulations, and compliance.
Includes participation and management of FAR OH Audit process
- Strong knowledge of, and demonstrated ability to apply GAAP to
operation and in an Audit environment
- Strong knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in Payroll
processes; Prevailing wage; and FLSA/legal classifications
- Expert knowledge of, and ability to apply Deltek Vision,
Vantagepoint, or equivalent, Excel and Microsoft Office environment
to all accounting, finance, project management and management
planning and performance analysis functions.
- Excellent verbal, written organization and communications
skills, applied to fulfillment of Accounting and financial
management responsibilities, operational, client, and vendor
- Demonstrated success with leadership in timely implementation
of new systems and procedures.
- Demonstrated success with planning and integration of new
business lines and Acquisitions
- Demonstrated training and mentorship, communication and
planning/problem-solving skills applied in 360 environments,
internally and externally. Benefits MNS offers a full benefits
package, and competitive compensation. Inquiries are welcome!
Please feel free to contact Brian Ott in Talent Acquisitions with
any questions - email@example.com. Salary Expectation for this
role is 140k-175k.
Keywords: MNS Engineers, Irvine , Corporate Controller - Hybrid, Remote, Accounting, Auditing , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!