Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Company: Beazer Homes
Posted on: September 11, 2023
This position is primarily responsible for partnering with Area
President and/or Division President and other key operational
personnel to focus on achieving and optimizing the annual plan.
Operational areas of focus include: sales, land acquisition, land
development, construction, customer service, purchasing, and
escrow/closings. Responsible for advising managers and financial
analysts on day-to-day financial operations of the Division.
Mitigates financial risk for the division operations and ensures
compliance with SOX controls and company policy. Reviews and
manages the company's detailed monthly financial forecast,
including key operating statistics, income statement, balance sheet
and cash flows. Company Overview: Beazer Homes is committed to
employee wellbeing and life-work balance, offering development
opportunities, a flexible time-off program, and an industry leading
parental leave policy. Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acts as a key member of the division senior management team;
partners with and provides counsel to homebuilding functional
leaders in order to drive enhanced business results
- Responsible for financial analysis, strategic planning,
forecasting, budget reviews, and business planning
- Partners with internal financial and executive management as
well as extensive contact with external executives and decision
- Actively participates in Land Acquisition Review (LAR)
submissions to the corporate LAR Committee for approval;
responsible for the financial proforma analysis and feasibility.
Primarily responsible for the overall accuracy of the data in the
- Evaluates division's costs and budgets to identify cost and
- Collaborate with Division's senior management team to develop
and manage the division's pricing strategy.
- Hires, trains and mentors FP&A team members. Delegates
work, as appropriate, to finance team members, based on each
employee's abilities and skills. Evaluates employees performance
and provides development opportunities for each team member
- Acts as primary financial risk manager for respective
- Acts as primary division liaison for internal audit and
external audit team
- Continuously reviews current processes and identifies
opportunities for potential improvements Education & Experience:
- BBA/BS in Accounting/Finance/Economics.
- 5-10 years prior finance or accounting experience, preferably
in finance leadership roles.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- CPA or MBA highly preferred.
- Prior homebuilding experience preferred. Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong
presentation skills, as well as the ability to influence others and
resolve problems in a positive manner
- Strong business acumen with in-depth working knowledge of all
facets of the business (land, sales, construction, purchasing,
- Must be able to work successfully in a team environment and
provide mentoring to less experienced individuals in the
department, and work well with all levels of management and staff
within the organization
- Executive presence ? ability to interact with senior division
leadership and corporate executives.
- Strong management capabilities with experience in managing
people with track record of growing strong team
- Must operate with a sense of urgency, driving for results and
opportunities to maximize profitability and enhance return on
- Accurate with keen attention to detail
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills Technical
Knowledge & Experience:
- Hyperion, Essbase and JD Edwards experience a plus. Physical
- Typical office environment. Additional Responsibilities
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as
an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside
of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Additionally, an employee's job duties may change at any time, in
the company's sole discretion.
Personal Information Collection Notice for Job Applicants
In order to process your application, we will ask you to create an
account and provide us with certain personal information, including
your identification data (e.g. name, date of birth, drivers license
number, contact details), education information, and professional
and employment history. If you have any questions about our privacy
policy or would like to learn more, please visit
Beazer.com/privacy, which includes a link to an additional notice
for California residents and which link can also be visited
directly at Beazer.com/Californiaprivacy. Equal Opportunity
Employer Additional Information:
The California pay range for this position is from $140,000 to
$175,000 annually. The exact rate of pay will be based on work
location(s), position, and experience level. In no instance will
Beazer Homes pay less than the minimum wage.
Keywords: Beazer Homes, Irvine , Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, Accounting, Auditing , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!