SVP, Business Development & Strategic Growth (AEC Industry Experience Required)
Company: Harris & Associates, Inc.
Posted on: May 28, 2023
SVP, Business Development & Strategic Growth (AEC Industry
Experience Required) The Senior Vice President, Business
Development & Strategic Growth (SVP, BD) will be a member of the
Executive Leadership Team reporting to the Chief Operating Officer.
The SVP BD, plays a key role in developing ways to deepen and
expand our core capabilities, clients, and services with
correlating strategies to achieve desired results. The individual
will focus on improving how Harris subject matter experts
(seller-doers) best position for and win the type of work required
to execute Harris' strategy, including supporting the achievement
of strategic growth initiatives. This leader will provide and
leverage market/business intelligence to support strategies and
- Improving our approach to winning more work with our core
- Determining where we may want to expand (e.g. client markets,
- Ensuring we are winning the type of work that moves us forward
commensurate to our strategic plan. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Contribute to Growth
- Leading efforts to ensure sales, sales pipeline and win rates
tie to annual budget goals. Along with the leadership team, work on
sales initiatives that meet profit targets.
- Provide value-added focus on significant strategic growth
pursuits and key client management.
- Partner and serve as a catalyst to align and optimize
cross-functional team's BD activities.
- Develop a greater overview and understanding of our core
clients (Top 10) and act on the insights that this analysis
- Train and develop client managers and market leaders in
business development and marketing, ensuring a strong foundation
and greater depth of capabilities in the Firm. Drive Annual
Strategic Planning Process + Execution
- Ensure formal linkage between strategic plan/vision and client
- Develop methods for evaluating and providing competitive market
intelligence, financial analyses, and emerging business and
- Develop and track KPIs for sales and marketing efforts;
demonstrate improvement over time.
- Uncover ways to leverage existing capabilities and client
relationships to maximize revenue and growth.
- Collaborate with leadership, client managers, and key staff to
execute Division and Business Unit level business development
strategies; monitoring execution and identifying risks; ensuring
suitable metrics are in place to measure business development and
growth performance and progress. Mature the Firmwide Growth
- Enhance strategies to purposefully outline Harris' future
- Develop strategic approach and action plan to expand key client
and/or geographic market sector trusted advisor relationships.
- Collaborate with CFO to develop a long-term capital growth plan
in line with the strategy. Advance Client Management Process and
- Identify market opportunities and strategic potential
- Work with client managers to develop winning strategies for key
pursuits focused on key growth areas.
- Participate in industry-related professional organizations,
conferences, and represent the Firm at key stakeholder events.
- Facilitate Directors and Business Unit Leaders ongoing contact
with networks such as: cities, agencies, government entities,
professional organizations, potential teaming partners and
- Promote client management coordination and collaboration across
- Analyze market dynamics, market share changes, critical
capability requirements, and competitive intelligence. Communicate
resulting key insights and actions.
- Clarify all marketing activities come from a specific value
proposition to be utilized by client managers as context to improve
nurturing the trusted advisor relationship and increasing key must
- Elevate the focus of all business development activities to
maintain Harris' value proposition and strategic alignment.
- Proactively identify priorities for new growth initiatives,
strategic partnerships, and potential acquisition targets.
- In partnership with executive leadership, support the M&A
integration process and manage client relationships through
- A bachelor's degree is required. A master's degree in
marketing, finance, business management or another relevant field
is strongly preferred.
- Experience leading the strategy function or another complex
organization. Demonstrated success-driving strategy from design to
implementation with balanced abilities in innovation and
- Thorough knowledge and understanding in trends in the AEC
industry. Exposure to the industry and understanding of subsectors
with the ability to translate Harris' purpose and vision into new
revenue streams and diversification opportunities.
- Experience leveraging data, analytic capabilities, market
insights, and risk assessments to design and drive market and
value-based pricing strategies. Has a bias for digitization,
automation, and technology-enabled solutions.
- Experience leading business development, screening deals,
developing a business case, and coordinating resources internally.
- Exemplary business development and client management
capabilities with a proven track record of building business in the
- Understands key areas of marketing, sales, client service, and
revenue generation, and how they intersect in a professional
services business to create profitability.
- Highly persuasive with the ability to articulate the future
value proposition of a combined entity with potential M&A
targets to clients.
- Possess a diverse skill set, blending technical expertise and
business intelligence with a range of soft skills that complement
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
required to initiate and develop productive working partnerships;
both internally and externally.
- Technologically savvy.
- Outstanding presentation, written, and verbal communication
skills and executive presence.
- Able to build strong partnerships and networks while balancing
- Ability to operate consistent with our Firm's Shared Values and
drive growth consistent with Harris' Purpose and Vision. The annual
salary range for this position is $250,000-$276,000. This will be
dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical,
dental, vision, andlife insurance. Harris & Associates is committed
to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an EEO/AA
employer. We invite resumes from all interested and qualified
candidates including women, minorities, veterans and persons with
disabilities. Harris & Associates is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color,
religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status,
protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic
protected by law. Are you legally authorized to work in the US?* Do
you now or in the future need sponsorship? If requested, would you
be willing to submit to a background check? (Some positions may
require)* Are you willing to travel?* What is the range of your
salary expectation?* List three persons not related to you who
would be willing to provide professional and/or character
references. Please enter their name, contact information, company,
job title and their relationship to you.* Please read the following
information thoroughly and carefully.
By checking the box below, I certify that the facts set forth in
the Application for Employment are true and complete to the best of
my knowledge. I understand that if I am employed, false statements
on this application shall be considered sufficient cause for
dismissal at any time. Harris & Associates is hereby authorized to
make any investigation of my prior educational and employment
history. I understand that employment at Harris & Associates is "at
will" which means that either I or Harris & Associates can
terminate the employment relationship at anytime, with or without
prior notice, and for any reason not prohibited by statute. It is
further understood that this "at-will" employment relationship may
not be changed by any written document or by conduct unless such
change is specifically acknowledged in writing by the President of
the company.* I agree The following questions are entirely
optional. To comply with government Equal Employment Opportunity
and/or Affirmative Action reporting regulations, we are requesting
(but NOT requiring) that you enter this personal data. This
information will not be used in connection with any employment
decisions, and will be used solely as permitted by state and
federal law. Your voluntary cooperation would be appreciated. Learn
more . Invitation for Job Applicants to Self-Identify as a U.S.
- A "disabled veteran" is one of the following:
- a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service
who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of
military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws
administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or
- a person who was discharged or released from active duty
because of a service-connected disability.
- A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the
three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge
or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or
- An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a
veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground,
naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition
for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws
administered by the Department of Defense.
- An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who,
while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or
air service, participated in a United States military operation for
which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to
Executive Order 12985. I IDENTIFY AS ONE OR MORE OF THE
CLASSIFICATIONS OF PROTECTED VETERAN LISTED ABOVE
I AM NOT A PROTECTED VETERAN
I DON'T WISH TO ANSWER Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability Form CC-305
OMB Control Number 1250-0005
Expires 5/31/2023 Why are you being asked to complete this form? We
are a federal contractor or subcontractor required by law to
provide equal employment opportunity to qualified people with
disabilities. We are also required to measure our progress toward
having at least 7% of our workforce be individuals with
disabilities. To do this, we must ask applicants and employees if
they have a disability or have ever had a disability.Because a
person may become disabled at any time, we ask all of our employees
to update their information at least every five years.Identifying
yourself as an individual with a disability is voluntary, and we
hope that you will choose to do so. Your answer will be maintained
confidentially and not be seen by selecting officials or anyone
else involved in making personnel decisions. Completing the form
will not negatively impact you in any way, regardless of whether
you have self-identified in the past.For more information about
this form or the equal employment obligations of federal
contractors under Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, visit the
U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Federal Contract Compliance
Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp . How do you know if
you have a disability? You are considered to have a disability if
you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that
substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a
history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Autoimmune disorder, for example, lupus, fibromyalgia,
rheumatoid arthritis, or HIV/AIDS
- Blind or low vision
- Cardiovascular or heart disease
- Celiac disease
- Cerebral palsy
- Deaf or hard of hearing
- Depression or anxiety
- Gastrointestinal disorders, for example, Crohn's Disease, or
irritable bowel syndrome
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Nervous system condition for example, migraine headaches,
Parkinson's disease, or Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Psychiatric condition, for example, bipolar disorder,
schizophrenia, PTSD, or major depression Please check one of the
boxes below: YES, I HAVE A DISABILITY, OR HAVE A HISTORY/RECORD OF
HAVING A DISABILITY NO, I DON'T HAVE A DISABILITY, OR A
HISTORY/RECORD OF HAVING A DISABILITY I DON'T WISH TO ANSWER PUBLIC
BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995
no persons are required to respond to a collection of information
unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This
survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
Keywords: Harris & Associates, Inc., Irvine , SVP, Business Development & Strategic Growth (AEC Industry Experience Required), Accounting, Auditing , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...