Medical Billing Specialist - HYBRID
Company: Cap Diagnostics LLC
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Pathnostics is a leading precision diagnostic testing and
development company providing solutions for Infectious Disease and
Cancer diagnostics that will get patients on the right path. Check
out our website to learn more: https://pathnostics.com/We
- $19-25/hour DOE
- HYBRID in-office/remote schedule
- 2 weeks PTO + 1 week of sick PTO
- Employee and Dependent Health Insurance
- Optional FSA/DCA
- Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Care benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (mental health, child & eldercare
- Starting at $1,000 Employee Referral Bonus program
- Culture Club for company eventsCandidates Must Have:
- At least 2 years of experience in medical practice billing with
exposure to working with denials, appeals, insurance collections,
and related follow-up
- Working knowledge of Local and National Coverage Determinations
and payor policies, and how to use them
- Must have ICD-10 and CPT coding assessment skills, CPC
certification is preferred
- Strong proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint), and computerized billing systems is required,
experience with Xifin is a plus
- A patient-first, mission-oriented mindsetDuties:
- Organize and prioritize all incoming claims and denials.
- Evaluate medical claims and coverage policy documentation to
determine validity for an appeal.
- Responsible for ensuring and monitoring the effectuation of all
decisions as a result of the follow-up of unpaid/denied claims with
- Responsible for adhering to health care billing procedures,
documentation, regulations, payment cycles, and standards.
- Work accounts to resolution.
- Works collaboratively and effectively with all other
departments and functions to maximize operational efficiency and
service and ensure consistency in addressing appeals issues.
- Work independently to identify and resolve complex client
- Work with leadership to develop appropriate policies and
- Maintain current knowledge of healthcare billing laws, rules
and regulations, and developments.
- Comply with all applicable HIPAA policies and procedures and
maintain confidentiality. Pathnostics is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Cap Diagnostics LLC, Irvine , Medical Billing Specialist - HYBRID, Accounting, Auditing , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!