Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Company: HYUNDAI Translead, Inc
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Job Description - Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
(2300000K) Job Description Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis -
( 2300000K ) Description
- eporting regarding Settlement Rates, including discussions with
OEM partners during annual Settlement Rate update process and
communication of quarterly performance updates.
- Development and improvement of Corporate Planning's analytical
techniques and data. The position requires strong business
knowledge and technical skills to work under limited supervision
and in a team environment. The team member should be able to work
effectively with other functional areas, assisting the Corporate
Planning department in its role as a trusted thought partner across
HCA and its stakeholders by driving value added insights, which
optimize decision making to support efficiency, growth, and
profitability. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Managerial ERP execution and enhancement efforts to
ensure that it supports best in class financial analytics. -This
includes detail level activities such as supporting the monthly
closing process, detailed analysis of return calculations,
reconciling financial results, evaluating PL/SQL scripts and
helping to define enhanced reporting and dashboards. -Also,
regularly reevaluate department processes and procedures to help
ensure that current HCA business practices are accurately reflected
in the system.
- Manage analytic efforts that leverage a broad understanding of
company's strategy/business and systems to identify areas of
opportunity to improve profitability, efficiency, and/or mitigate
- Understand operating processes, help assess current
effectiveness, and provide recommendations on how to improve
processes in order to achieve company objectives. -Articulate
findings and make recommendations to senior management.
- Support the calculation and reporting of account-level
profitability metrics, including Acquisition ROA, RAROC, ROE, etc.
for newly originated and existing loans and leases for HCA's
Consumer line of business, and ensure calculation methodologies
remain up to date with HCA ever-changing business practices.
- Support annual Settlement Rate update process with each OEM,
including preparation and validation of data, analysis and updates
of calculation methodologies, and review of OEM/Business inquiries,
as well as supporting communication with OEMs.
- Work closely with the key departments (sales, marketing, etc.)
developing sound financial forecast and what if scenarios. Identify
risks and opportunities.
- Help maintain annual ROA/LTI plan models and support the update
of key assumptions as needed to run forecasting each month.
- Support Executives/Senior Management in ad hoc reporting and
analysis efforts as directed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned. Knowledge and Skills:
- Outstanding analytical skills with a proven ability to function
efficiently and problem-solve in a fast-paced and time-critical
- Demonstrated analytical proficiency in data research and
- Advanced level experience with writing SQL and PL\SQL in
relational databases, including Oracle, SQL Server or
- Exceptional attention to detail and quality.
- General accounting knowledge and understanding of business,
accounting, and financial planning processes, as well as a solid
understanding of data in financial services organizations and
associated technologies, strongly desired.
- Tenacious, hands-on mentality, capable of executing under
- Strong orientation toward results coupled with reputation for
integrity, creativity, and good judgment.
- Must be able to establish a high level of credibility with all
levels of internal operations and external clients. Qualifications
- Approximately 5-10 years of financial experience
- Experience in an auto finance, mortgage, credit card or banking
organization is strongly preferred
- Strong financial modeling experience (product and portfolio
profitability, program or business unit profitability, building
financial and business cases), as well as experience with
financial/managerial reporting and forecasting, and product and
segment profitability analysis in a consumer lending or auto
- Advance level in programming languages such as SQL, PL/SQL,
SAS, or VBA preferred
- Bachelor's degree required. BA/BS Computer Science / Math /
Accounting / Finance (or equivalent work experience to substitute
for education) from a highly rated school, MBA a plus. Physical
Requirements and Working Condition: Employees in this class are
subject to extended periods of sitting, standing and walking,
vision to monitor and moderate noise levels. Work is performed in
an office environment. This notice only applies to our applicants
who reside in the State of California.The latest version of our
you with notice, at or before the point of collection, about the
categories of personal information to be collected from you, the
purposes for which your personal information is collected or used,
and whether that information is sold or shared, so that you can
exercise meaningful control over our use of your personal
information.We are providing this notice to comply with the
-California Consumer Privacy Act -of 2018, as amended as amended by
the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 ("CCPA"). -If you have
any questions about CCPA regarding California residents or HCA team
members, please contact the Privacy Team at -Privacy2@hcs.com
Keywords: HYUNDAI Translead, Inc, Irvine , Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis, Accounting, Auditing , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!