State and Local (SALT) Tax Senior- Income Tax Focused
Company: Baker Tilly US, LLP
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Overview:Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading
advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine
coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and
top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the
world's leading financial centers - New York, London, San
Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent
member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of
independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148
territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide
revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly's roles have the opportunity to work remotely.
Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to
understand the requirements for an opportunity you are
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual
orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance
with applicable federal, state or local law.
#remoteResponsibilities:Baker Tilly, one of the fastest growing CPA
advisory firms in the nation, has an incredible career opportunity
for a Senior State & Local Tax Associate- Income Tax focused to
join our growing State & Local Tax (SALT) practice!
Our SALT practice is made up of 40+ professionals across the U.S.,
providing a full spectrum of services including Income & Franchise
tax, Sales & Use tax, Real & Personal Property tax, Unclaimed
Property and Voluntary Disclosure & Remediation by industry needs.
As a member of this talented team, you will help clients capitalize
on strategic ideas and planning techniques that ensure state and
local tax compliance, reduce expenses and enhance cash flow.
You will enjoy this role if:
- You would like to work directly with CFO's, owners and leaders
from middle market and Fortune 500 companies to help them solve
their most complex state & local tax challenges.
- You want to continue to expand your work experiences beyond
compliance and build skills as a comprehensive SALT professional in
areas such as, sales tax nexus, research projects, ruling requests,
process review, reverse audit, credits & incentives and property
tax. Most of your work will be consulting focused!
- You are looking to be part of a fast growing, entrepreneurial
State & Local tax practice entrepreneurial State & Local tax
practice who is also down-to-earth and thrives in
- You want to be part of firm that values specialty tax practices
and is invested in your success, providing the resources and
support for you to grow now, for tomorrow.What you'll do:
- Be a trusted advisor to middle market and Fortune 500 clients
by providing strategic state and local tax consulting services that
lower their tax rates, ensure they are in compliance and provide
value across the spectrum of state and local taxes. This includes:
- Research state tax issues including nexus determinations,
taxability analyses and quantification of potential
- Provide guidance to clients on various compliance matters
including state tax return preparation, sales/use and unclaimed
- Respond to notices issued by state and local taxing
- Work with multi-state companies to provide guidance on state
and local tax controversies, including research and preparing
- Assist with due diligence and voluntary disclosure
- Prepare memoranda on state and local tax issues for
individuals, corporations, partnerships and LLCs
- Prepare ruling requests and respond to state and local tax
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage
expectations and ensure satisfaction
- Learn and grow from direct on the job coaching and mentoring
along with participating in firm wide learning and development
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong
relationships internally and externally with clients
- Support the growth and development of team members through the
Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet
their professional goals
- Enjoy friendships, social activities and team outings that
encourage a work-life balanceQualifications:Successful candidates
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
required; Masters or advanced degree preferred
- Actively pursuing CPA,CMI or JD/LLM preferred
- Two (2) + year(s) experience in state and local tax,
professional services firm experience preferred
- An eagerness to work on a variety of SALT projects
- Eligibility to work in the U.S., without sponsorship, highly
Keywords: Baker Tilly US, LLP, Irvine , State and Local (SALT) Tax Senior- Income Tax Focused, Accounting, Auditing , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!