Executive Vice President & CFO
Company: CALAMP Incorporated
Posted on: September 23, 2022
CalAmp provides flexible solutions to help organizations worldwide
monitor, track, and protect their vital assets. We enable
transportation and logistics, government, industrial and vehicle
manufacturers to improve efficiency, safety, visibility, and
compliance using best-in-class SaaS solutions tailored for their
The CFO is a member of the executive management team, reporting
directly to the CEO. - As a true business partner, the CFO
establishes and monitors fiscal and accounting control systems,
interprets and reports financial data, evaluates capital assets,
provides required SEC information, manages commercial banking
relationships, ensures compliance with all governmental reporting
and tax requirements, and provides leadership to the treasury and
accounting activities. - The CFO supervises a Finance Department
staff of approximately 70 individuals directly and indirectly
through the SVP Finance Planning & Analysis, VP Corporate
Controller, and Senior Director of Tax.
The CFO will play an integral role in setting the strategy for the
organization, supporting Investor Relations activities and will
help drive the process of setting the strategy and realizing the
vision set by the CEO.
- Manage, organize and direct the finance and accounting
functions to accommodate future growth and significantly improve
management reporting and analysis while simultaneously continuing
to respond to the numerous corporate wide demands.
- Collaborate with the CEO and the executive team to implement a
fiscal plan and strategy to support the sustained growth of
- Provide executive management and the Board of Directors with
timely reporting of financial results, including analytical
commentary of significant trends, financial fluctuations, and key
operational issues. Work with business unit managers for financial
planning and analysis and identify problem issues.
- Coordinate the preparation and monitoring of annual operating
budgets and periodic financial forecasts and confer with executive
management and operating unit managers concerning performance to
- Assume a proactive view and position regarding the application
and use of various accounting strategies to optimize financial
reporting efficiency, anticipate year-end and/or quarterly issues,
and provide a perspective on operational alternatives.
- Direct all treasury management functions for the
- Implement best practices and business process improvement
initiatives and strategies.
Financial planning and analysis functions:
- Oversee preparation of annual operating plan, rolling 4 quarter
financial forecasts and multi-year strategic planning
- Supervise financial planning & analysis function; own reporting
and analysis of variances between actual and budget/forecasted
- Prepare combined financial projections including acquisition
- Oversee financial-related due diligence for acquisition
Internal financial reporting functions:
- Establish and/or maintain internal accounting and operating
controls to safeguard Company assets and ensure integrity of
- Oversee consolidation of monthly financial results.
- Develop and manage KPIs for the business - thorough
implementation of dynamic dashboards at the executive and corporate
business unit levels.
- Assess and evaluate performance of organization utilizing
financial and operational metrics and analytics. Develop
forward-looking, predictive models to identify business issues,
risks and drive good decision-making.
External financial reporting functions:
- Review and edit draft quarterly 10-Qs, annual 10-Ks and 8-Ks
for filing with the SEC.
- Review and edit draft press releases and conference call
- Prepare timetable and action plan for year-end financial
reporting process, including annual proxy statement filing
- Draft proxy statement for annual shareholders meeting.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as
- Manage Company's commercial banking relationships, including
term loans, lines of credit and cash management.
- Manage capital raising activities, e.g., convertible debt
- Oversee risk management function and insurance coverages.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field from
an accredited institution required. MS, MBA and/or CPA strongly
- Financial management experience with international technology
companies with revenues of $300 million or larger.
- 10 years of direct experience in executive level financial
management positions with public companies required.
- Ideal candidate is a sitting CFO for a publicly traded company
with revenue $300M or higher.
- Foundational experience in B2B SaaS is essential;
- Proven history of transforming an organization from a one that
is reactive to proactive, coupled with experience transitioning
from selling single transactions to selling ongoing service and
- Experience in high growth environments through organic
initiatives as well as M&A.
- Experience with M&A integration of companies $200M+
- A dynamic and engaging personality who is able to articulate a
clear vision and create focus around what is most important;
ability to inspire others and persuade and influence key
stakeholders through a fact-driven and clear approach;
- Execute with discipline and urgency;
- Highly intelligent with a good business mind; comfortable with
data and financials;
- A driven executive with an innate intellectual curiosity; a
leader who proactively applies new concepts driving the
- Inspires and engages others;
- Collaborative; comfortable driving change;
- Superior communication and influencing skills;
- Zero ego; unflappable and patient but with a keen ability to
foster productive debate.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and lead high performing
CULTURE FIT AND IMPACT
- Self-starter approach: Proactive mentality, with demonstrated
track record of good judgment and sound decision making;
- Team-building focus: Attracts and retains strong leaders, and
has a track record of motivating, energizing and listening to
- Integrity: Demonstrates the highest level of integrity; a
values-based leader who can build and maintain a high integrity
culture that motivates people to do the best work of their
They believe in the integrity, honesty, and trust of their
employees. These are key ingredients to collaboration and
inclusion. They listen to what others have to say, valuing their
opinion, and speaking the truth in a positive manner. They take
personal responsibility for their actions and are committed to
building diverse teams with fairness and respect for all.
They are committed to transforming ideas into new and improved
products and processes. They respond resourcefully to demands and
challenges in order to advance, compete, and differentiate
themselves successfully in the marketplace and bring value to their
customers as well as their teams.
They are driven to establish, develop, and build strong
relationships with their customers. They are focused on
understanding their respective organizations and helping them to
meet and surpass their goals while facilitating the successful
implementation of their services and their products.
They seek to understand, anticipate, and be responsive to their
customers' needs by working hard to achieve measurable results.
They achieve total customer satisfaction by understanding what the
customer wants and delivering it flawlessly. Satisfied customers
are essential to their success.
Keywords: CALAMP Incorporated, Irvine , Executive Vice President & CFO, Accounting, Auditing , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!