Tax Credit Compliance Specialist
Posted on: August 4, 2022
As a 2021 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation
Winner, we are committed to creating Awesome experiences for our
team members and residents. At Eenhoorn, we say "We Do Awesome", as
it embodies our approach to how we manage our properties, how we
want our residents to feel, and how we engage with one another. You
get to be a part of creating Awesome by living our core values of
Professionalism, Accountability, Honesty and Integrity,
Self-Regulation, and Image. The T ax Credit Compliance Specialist
is responsible for ensuring that properties located in California
are maintaining program requirements set by the IRS, state, local
governments, and other entities to maintain compliance for
affordable communities within their portfolio. Responsible for
compliance with state, county and federal funding programs
including, LIHTC, BOND, and a variety of other funding sources
related to affordable housing. Responsible for preparation and
attendance at audits, offering technical assistance, reviewing
applicant files for eligibility, preparing reports, and providing
software and general support to onsite managers. Expected to use
professional communication techniques employing tact and diplomacy
when communicating with internal and external customers, auditors,
vendors, etc. Key Responsibilities:
- Review and enforce policy and procedures for determining
household eligibility for federal and state funded affordable
- Assist with planning and conducting training seminars on
Housing Credit and Bond regulations for administrative site
- Provide phone support for all administrative employees
interpreting and explaining program regulations and answering
questions relating to program compliance issues.
- Assist with conversion to software inputting files if necessary
and providing on site and phone support. Train field staff on use
of software and proper data entry procedures. Review information in
software for accuracy. Alert field staff of any corrections which
need to be made in software
- Review rents, utility allowances, household income, maximum
program income and rents to ensure compliance regulations are met.
Notify VP of Operations of suspected or confirmed instances of
- Enter and track data in Microsoft Excel spreadsheets based on
Tenant Income Certifications submitted monthly.
- Compile and distribute data to syndicators, state housing
entities, reviewing agencies, etc. Review all data for accuracy and
any noncompliance issues.
- Serve as a liaison between state housing agency
representatives, designated owner representatives and compliance
- Prepare for and attend annual management reviews conducted by
state housing agency representatives, designated owner
representatives and compliance monitoring agencies.
- Conduct onsite in-house file audits documenting discrepancies
or inconsistencies in applying policy and/or regulations. Explain
discrepancies and/or inconsistencies to staff. Direct staff on how
discrepancies can be corrected within policy guidelines.
- Instruct staff on how to apply policy and regulations
consistently. Identify and develop training needs based on
discrepancies. Follow up with staff to ensure that corrections are
- Track and gather copies of Original Resident files on new lease
ups including all required documentation. Review files for
accuracy, informing field staff of any necessary corrections.
Ensure that corrections are made, and any changes are copied and
included in copies of the original resident files. Keep detailed
list of all files received including building number, unit number,
move-in date and name of head of household.
- Review and approve applications for residency prior to move
- Assist with other operational duties for the properties as
- Process purchase orders as necessary.
- Other duties, tasks and projects as assigned. Required
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Two years' experience in affordable housing
- Experience working with Yardi preferred
- Experience in compliance with state, county and federal funding
programs including, low income housing tax credit (LIHTC) and BOND
- Must be organized and have strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and multiple complex projects
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-pace setting and juggle
multiple priorities Opportunity:
- Stability - We don't buy and flip our properties every three
- Entrepreneurial work environment
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and voluntary lines
- Fifteen (15) days Paid Time Off (PTO) in the first year
- Nine (9) Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with a 25% match on the first 15% of contributions
- Up to 11-weeks of 100% paid short-term disability
- Challenging problems to solve and a dynamic team to collaborate
with every single day
What Makes Us Different Although we are a company that is focused
on real estate, we recognize that we can't be great without our
people. We are always seeking exceptional people who are looking
for more than just a job. Since 1988, our innovative approaches
have positioned Eenhoorn as an industry leader. Our comprehensive
organizational structure and learning environment empower our team
members to take ownership over their careers and make a true
difference in our residents' lives and experiences. We want you to
bring your authentic self to work every single day. We accept you
for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis
without regard to age; appearance; race; color; gender identity
and/or expression; family or parental status; marital, civil union,
or domestic partnership status; disability; national, social or
ethnic origin; past or present military service; sexual
orientation; socioeconomic status; race; religion or belief.
Eenhoorn, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer .
Keywords: Eenhoorn, Irvine , Tax Credit Compliance Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!