Manager, Government Accounting
Company: Terran Orbital
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Be more than just an employee number! Join Terran Orbital, the
leader in innovation, manufacturing and operations in the small
satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of
space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions.
We are a unique, fast growing, and trusted team focused on quickly
and economically designing, building, launching, and operating
state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.JOB
SUMMARYThe Manager of Government Accounting will develop and
execute strategic plans to assure compliance with Federal
Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition
Regulation Supplement (DFARS) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
You will also serve as a strategic partner to business units and
help improve critical areas of the business through data driven
projects and analysis. In addition, you will need to have strong
accounting, data analytics, communication, and presentation
- Assist in ensuring compliance to Government contract
requirements (training, reporting, procurement integrity, pricing
integrity and auditing requirements)
- Support company efforts to assure compliance with Federal
Acquisition Regulation (FAR), CAS, DFARS, as well as contractual
terms and conditions.
- Interpretation/application of USG regulations (Cost Accounting
Standards, FAR Cost Principles) in support of business unit
inquiries and USG customer.
- Assess information received from government contracting
agencies and regulators and disseminate to impacted personnel.
- Design, implement, and manage governance of accounting
structure and testing.
- Support audits, internal and USG, as needed.
- Assist in identification, development and implementation of new
contract/subcontract policies and processes.
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years' experience, or 8+ years'
experience in absence of a degree.
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense
(DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a
government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet
- Experience with U.S. Government Contracting for commercial and
- Detailed knowledge of key requirements, practices, and terms
and conditions relating to the sale of products paid for by the
Government including Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR),
Supplement to the FAR such as VA, DoD, GSA, etc.
- Able to communicate and make presentations to senior and
executive level leadership
- MS PowerPoint-create presentations Preferred Qualifications
- Aerospace industry experience
- Comfortable working in a data driven, fast-paced, ambiguous,
and entrepreneurial environment
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills with ability to derive
insights from data analysis
- Self-directed and resourceful with the ability to prioritize
work and manage multiple projects
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation
- Ability to build relationships and foster a collaborative
environment with all stakeholders
- Integrity, reliability, initiative, and the ability to meet
tight deadlines 401(K)Generous PTO with floating holidays and
flexible vacation policy100% company-paid comprehensive medical,
dental, and vision coverage for employee and
dependentsDISCLAIMERSTo comply with U.S. Government space
technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen,
lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as
defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required
authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In addition,
please note that this position may also require the possession of
an existing United States National Security clearance or
eligibility for such a clearance.ABOUT TERRAN ORBITALFounded in
2013 in Irvine, California, with headquarters in Boca Raton,
Florida. Terran Orbital Corporation is a leading vertically
integrated provider of end-to-end satellite solutions. Terran
Orbital combines satellite design, production, launch planning,
mission operations, and in-orbit support to meet the needs of the
most demanding military, civil, and commercial customers. In
addition, Terran Orbital is developing the world's largest, most
advanced NextGen Earth Observation constellation to provide
persistent, real-time earth imagery.Learn more at Terran Orbital is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national
origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status,
disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group
protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Terran Orbital, Irvine , Manager, Government Accounting, Accounting, Auditing , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!