Digital Engineering - Software Engineering - Senior Associate (Remote)
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Company DescriptionAt Fannie Mae, futures are made. The
inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a
difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling
opportunities to modernize the nations housing finance system while
being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies.
Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your
technical expertise, and make your career.As a valued colleague on
our team, you will collaborate with team in designing, producing,
testing, or implementing moderately complex software, technology,
or processes, as well as create and maintain IT architecture, large
scale data stores, and cloud-based systems.Job DescriptionTHE
IMPACT YOU WILL MAKEResponsibilitiesThe Digital Engineering -
Software Engineering - Senior Associate role will offer you the
flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside
people who care so that you can deliver on the following
- Independently determine the needs of the customer and create
- Design and develop moderately complex software solutions to
meet needs. Use a process-driven approach in designing and
- Implement new software technology and coordinate end-to-end
tasks across the team.
- May maintain or oversee the maintenance of existing
software..QualificationsTHE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Experience in having ownership of developing features
end-to-end and delivering great products. Has innate desire to
provide excellent (fast, reliable, easy to use) experiences for
- Deep technical knowledge of programming languages and software
engineering principles. Able to leverage software patterns and
tools to achieve desired business outcomes as well as create
maintainable and high-quality software.
- Embracing principles and tools to create sustainable
improvement within our organization's technology. Able to
contribute new tools and solutions to streamline integrations and
reduce friction and increase reliability between components.
- Participating in developing and expanding product roadmaps,
translating design requirements, and prototyping solutions for
reduction of development inefficiencies.
- Knowledge of native cloud solutions, design patterns, and key
cloud services. Able to effectively leverage cloud solutions to
create scalable and performant applications.
- Experience helping an organization to plan and manage change in
effort to meet strategic objectives.
- Excellent communication skills. The candidate will be able to
work on solutions independently or escalate blocking issues when
appropriate. Ability to break down and describe the technical and
conceptual aspects of software in a manner that is easily
- Builds features with security in mind and understands security
concepts like the principle of least privilege and integration
patterns. Able to address common or discovered security
vulnerabilities ahead of time.
- Determine root-cause of operating errors for running
applications and developing corrective solutions with respect to
long-term reliability and quality assurance. Leverages application
monitoring tools to diagnose issues in actively running
- Skilled in analyzing existing software, reviewing code of
others, with the ability of suggesting improvements or identifying
- Skilled in test automation implementation leveraging automated
testing frameworks, including data-driven testing, unit testing,
and regression testing for both API and browser channels.
- Experience identifying measures, or indicators of system
performance, and the actions needed to improve or correct
performance to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to frame ideas as systems and analyzing the inputs,
outputs, and process.
- Experience using software version management tools and
branching patterns to achieve frictionless code integration and
- Skilled in Java (11+)
- Skilled in AWS Services like S3, ECS/EC2, Lambda, SQS, Aurora,
ELB, Cloudfront, etc.
- Skilled in frontend development including HTML, CSS
- Skilled in CICD tools such as Jenkins
- Experience using Git and publish code to a source repository
- Skilled in containerization technology (Docker)
- Familiarity with OAuth 2.0 (JWT)
- Skilled in using Cucumber for supporting Behavior Driven
- Experience developing RESTful APIs
- Skilled in using Selenium for testingAdditional
InformationREFID: REF10586EIn response to COVID-19, Fannie Mae has
adapted our workplace and hiring processes to better safeguard our
employees, candidates, and new hires. We understand that this is an
unprecedented situation and Fannie Mae is committed to creating
protocols for these processes that are agile and conform with
federal, state, and local health administration guidance. While the
company's operating status for on-site work is currently voluntary,
the majority of Fannie Mae's workforce is remote until further
notice. We continue to conduct all interviews and onboarding
virtually. In addition, all employees who wish to come on site must
be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and enter their vaccination
information into a confidential HR system before arriving at the
facility, unless they have an approved accommodation. Click here to
go directly to information about accommodations.The future is what
you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at
careers.fanniemae.com.Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, national origin,
gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance,
protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally
protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like
to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Irvine , Digital Engineering - Software Engineering - Senior Associate (Remote), Accounting, Auditing , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!