Accounting and Purchasing Specialist
Company: Sekai Electronics, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
General Position Summary
This position requires a strong knowledge of QuickBooks Enterprise,
Intermediate-level Excel skills, some familiarity with MRP systems
- manufacturing experience is a plus. An individual who is
detail-oriented, team-oriented and with good communication skills
is a must. This position primarily supports the Company's
Accounting and Purchasing functions and reports directly to the
Essential Job Functions
- - - - -Records invoices into MRP/Cost Accounting system; Checks
for accuracy and may research charges if necessary; Enters
non-inventory invoices to be paid into QuickBooks Accounting
- - - - - - -Performs general accounting duties including bank
reconciliations, balance sheet account reconciliations, month end
closing, researching discrepancies with accounts, maintaining
general ledger accounts.
- - - - - - -Maintains pending file of items to be paid including
credit cards, checks, wire transfers, etc.
- - - - - - -Files paid A/P invoices.
- - - - - - -Prepares invoices from sales orders in QuickBooks.
- - - - - - -Reviews accounts receivable status on a regular basis;
Sends emails and contacts customers for collection purposes.
- - - - - - -Applies customers' payments on their accounts
- - - - - - -Other accounting projects as required
- - - - - - -Coordinates activities related to purchasing of
commodities beginning with intent to purchase through delivery;
Commodities includes materials, parts, equipment, and supplies.
- - - - - - -Analyzes all requirements, including specifications,
preferred supplier and date commodity is needed; Refers to
engineers and production staff for input as needed.
- - - - - - -Solicits and evaluates proposals for requested
- - - - - - -Negotiates lowest possible price for commodity to be
purchased balanced against optimum quality and schedule needs.
- - - - - - -Implements purchase contracts that comply with company
and government regulations.
- - - - - - -Assures that commodity purchased is delivered on
schedule, at negotiated price and meeting quality standards; May
need to expedite orders as needed.
- - - - - - -Maintains timely control of orders, amendments,
shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate records
Other facilities vendor management as required
Education and Experience
AS or BS in Accounting with at least 3 years of Accounting
Working knowledge of Quickbooks Enterprise - 3 years minimum
Manufacturing Experience and working with MRP systems Preferred
US Citizenship or Green Card required
About Sekai Electronics
Since 1982, SEKAI is a recognized pioneer in the application of
airborne video cameras and ruggedized video recording systems, and
has provided video products and systems for new and "retrofit"
programs on military ground vehicles, commercial aircraft, UAVs and
We offer a team-oriented atmosphere with benefits including:
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, 401K matching, Life and AD&D
Keywords: Sekai Electronics, Inc., Irvine , Accounting and Purchasing Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!