Veterans Preferred - Relationship Manager III Real Estate Banking (Orange County)
Company: City National Bank
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. Job Details:
RELATIONSHIP MANAGER III REB
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This person is responsible for building and maintaining a
profitable loan portfolio including selling related bank products
and services. This may be accomplished through identifying and
promoting solutions to fulfill client needs, obtaining referrals
from existing customers, and maintaining an active calling program.
It is important that this person understand the benefits of
building relationships with clients that may include various CNB
internal business partners and their services and products, as
Real Estate Banking Division
Make your mark as a member of City National's Real Estate Banking
group. Be part of the team that provides a comprehensive array of
banking products and services to experienced real estate developers
and investors including, but not limited to, acquisition,
construction, bridge and permanent financing of commercial real
estate. Product types include: Multifamily, Industrial, Office,
Retail, Self-Storage, Senior Housing, and For-Sale Housing.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Identifies develops and builds profitable relationships with
prospects and clients consistent with the objectives of the Bank.
Pro-actively works to ensure the credit quality standards of the
Bank are maintained.
- Develops relationships and supports other CNB departments and
colleagues to provide client and prospect solutions. Participates
in community activities as a representative of CNB, promoting and
attracting new colleagues and clients.
- Manages a portfolio of relationships. Proactively monitors
portfolio for ongoing credit quality, credit renewal, and adherence
to policy. Insures accurate and timely risk identification. Works
in cooperation with the appropriate team member and/or client to
resolve issues and prevent potential financial liability/loss.
- Works with Regional Manager, Credit Manager and Credit
Administration to negotiate, structure, underwrite and approve
credit transactions that meet client needs and are consistent with
the credit quality standards and operational compliance
requirements of the Bank. Monitors the loan documentation process
and closes the loan.
- Expands portfolio and grows revenue through calls on existing
and potential clients to determine their financial needs and
- Identifies and collaborates with other CNB product experts to
achieve cross-sell goals and helps solidify the client
- Establishes a referral network through existing relationships
and calls on prospective clients and industry experts including
lawyers, accountants and brokers.
- Develops a strong understanding of clients and Real Estate
Industry to assist in customer calling efforts. Maintains awareness
of competitive products, practices, rates and changes in market
- Calls on and collaborates with existing clients to determine
their financial needs and offers solutions, many of which will
result in additional cross-sales.
- Develops relationships and supports other CNB departments and
colleagues to provide clients and prospects the solutions
- Proactively monitors portfolio for ongoing credit quality,
credit renewal, and adherence to policy. Insures accurate and
timely risk identification. Works in cooperation with the
appropriate team member to resolve issues and prevent potential
financial liability/loss. Works with clients to develop solutions
to minimize loss exposure.
- Prepares reports for management.
- Supports other CNB departments and colleagues.
- Represents the Bank by actively participating in outside civic
and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations,
and other professional activities as appropriate.
- May serve as a product specialist to Relationship Managers in
other business units.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies
and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank
Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair
Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Completes all required training.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 years relationship management
- Minimum of 6 years commercial real estate lending
- Minimum of 4 years financial and income tax analysis
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's or masters degree with broad studies in the areas of
Business, Finance, Economics and Accounting and real estate lending
- Strong understanding of all products and services applicable to
target client segment.
- Superior knowledge of commercial real estate finance,
appraisal, credit policies and procedures, and bank operations
policies and procedures.
- Excellent client servicing and sales skills. Excellent credit
analysis and accounting skills.
- Ability to work autonomously in making sound business decisions
commensurate with experience and level of authority.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one
we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients,
colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in
1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of
integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships
continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a
subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading
diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: City National Bank, Irvine , Veterans Preferred - Relationship Manager III Real Estate Banking (Orange County), Accounting, Auditing , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!