Business Banking Relationship Manager
Company: Mechanics Bank
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Mechanics Bank is currently searching for a Business Banking
Relationship Manager to be located in Irvine, CA. In this role you
will, p rovide a full range of banking services to businesses;
companies with annual sales from $1M to $20M; and loan requests up
to $3M aggregate credit exposure; with emphasis on client contact,
sales, and service, taking into account the bank's interests in
acquiring new or handling existing customers, acceptable from a
risk/return point of view.Cross-sell a full range of business
banking services, such as trust, cash management, etc. to present
and potential customers.Provide solutions using knowledge of all
products and business partners.Cultivate referral sources and
generates new business by identifying and building rapport with
potential customers What you will do:
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of business clients,
bringing in new relationships, and expanding current / existing
portfolio. Risk management is a significant part of the portfolio
- Develops prospects from self sourced leads and may include
existing customers, referral leads, bank partners and other
- Manages the portfolio from a balanced perspective on sales,
efficiency and risk.
- Contacts prospective customers to present information on
banking services such as deposit accounts, lending, cash management
and investment services.
- Determines prospects/customers' financial needs, and present
solutions to sell bank services. Is responsible for timely and
adequate preparation of annual reviews and recommendation to the
appropriate decision making bodies within the bank.
- Frequent contact with customer to ascertain additional
financial needs, to ensure service satisfaction and to obtain
- Prospects and acquires new business and consumer clients in
accordance with bank's profit objectives.
- Performs such functions as outbound prospecting calls,
conducting prospect/customer interviews, facilitating credit
requests from application to boarding, opening depository accounts,
referring prospects to other business units and cross-selling other
- Evaluates customer's needs, assesses customer's eligibility and
suitability for certain products and negotiates acceptable product
solutions utilizing product specialists as needed.
- Active involvement in local civic and nonprofit organizations
to promote goodwill, bank's commitment to the communities it serves
and to support bank's CRA objectives.
- Contacts customers and businesses, community and civic
organizations to promote goodwill and generate new business.
- Attends sales and trade meetings to develop new business
- Manages a portfolio of 90+ business banking customers.
- Ensures small business loans are structured in a manner that
meet customer needs; ensures credit quality; and minimizes credit
- Position supports at least 2 or more Retail Branch
- Performs all other job duties as assigned by supervisor. Who
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or
related field preferred, or High School Diploma with minimum of
five years progressively responsible experience in small business
- Must be able to structure and underwrite loans; make solid
credit decisions; and manage credit risk.
- Must demonstrate understanding of all Retail Branch Sales
products, policies, disclosures, and procedures. Builds an
environment that fosters teamwork and enhances task accomplishment
through positive and supportive cooperation. Places goals of
company foremost when interacting with others at all levels.
Expresses ideas clearly in writing and verbally. Makes clear,
concise presentations and demonstrates effective listening skills.
Conveys necessary ideas and information to others.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of bank services and trained in
referring customers to the appropriate department for handling
customer's specialized needs such as mortgage, all credit requests
in excess of Business Banking thresholds, and cash management
services. Must be able to manage daily activities in accordance
with achieving assigned annual goals
- Must possess the ability to train and mentor others
effectively. Effective use of consultative selling to acquire and
manage new banking relationships.
- Proficient with MS Office, Intranet, Outlook
- Must be able to travel to designated territory
- Knowledge of the FiServ software
- Possess excellent human relations, communications and business
- Possess effective time management and organizational
- Able to cope with pressure resulting from meeting required
deadlines and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrate teamwork in facilitating workflow. High level of
cooperation with others and responsive to the Bank's needs.
- Exemplary motivation, enthusiasm, and professionalism.
- High level of accuracy and great attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to make and support sound decisions.
- Consistently demonstrate tact, discretion and good
- Exhibit high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in
handling and having access to sensitive customer or employee
- Able to work effectively without direct supervision.
- Able to comprehend and interpret Bank policies and
- Mechanics Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion,
national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, or on
the basis of disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or
other bases prohibited by applicable law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by
OFCCP here . Serving California communities since 1905, Mechanics
Bank provides personal banking, business banking, trust and estate
services, brokerage and wealth management services and indirect
auto financing at 144 branch offices across California and in
Southern Oregon. From the Imperial Valley to the Cascades, and from
the coastal cities and towns to the Sierra Nevada foothills, our
dedicated and friendly professionals are passionate about serving
the banking and lending needs of our clients, and giving back to
our communities. The strategic merger of Rabobank, N.A. and
Mechanics Bank was completed in September, 2019. This merger
brought together two community-oriented, well-capitalized banks
with common values and deep roots in California. Offering even
greater strength, stability and convenience for our clients, the
combined bank is uniquely positioned to be the premier community
bank in the communities we serve.
Keywords: Mechanics Bank, Irvine , Business Banking Relationship Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!