Company: Pacific Premier Bank
Posted on: April 8, 2021
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page: Corporate 17901
17901 Von Karman Ave.
Irvine, CA 92614, USA
Description The Assistant Controller is responsible for working
closely with the Controller to ensure that all financial
transactions are recorded in accordance with Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (GAAP), Regulatory Accounting Principles
(RAP) and Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations. The
Assistant Controller is also responsible for complying with the
bank's established internal control over financial reporting
("IFCR") program, without exception. This position assists the
Assistant Controller in overseeing the Accounting Department's
accounting practices and in the implementation of internal controls
over financial reporting in accordance with SOX 404. The Assistant
Controller is also responsible for interacting with regulatory
examiners and independent auditors to facilitate the data gathering
and examination process. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors Accounting operations, including compliance with
related GAAP, SEC requirements and applicable Banking laws and
- Manages the staff accountants in their performance of daily,
monthly, and quarterly reconciliations, balancing of general ledger
accounts, balance sheet reconciliations, fixed assets, journal
entries, and other reports.
- Assists in maintaining the integrity of the overall general
ledger accounting system by performing GL file maintenance and
auditing JVs daily.
- Develops accounting policies and procedures for the Bank and
Bancorp holding Company.
- Assists with the due diligence on accounting related matters
for all acquisition candidates.
- Assists on G/L conversions and interrelated accounting
applications for mergers and acquisitions.
- Assists on reviewing the accounting process and related
procedures at least annually to ensure that they are relevant,
reasonable, and provide for effective internal control over
financial reporting; ensures the Accounting procedures are
created/updated based on results of the reviews.
- Ensures that operational and design effectiveness of internal
controls over financial reporting is maintained and create
FDICIA/SOX compliance documentation and testing of internal
- Assists in maintaining an effective workflow in the Accounting
Department including maintaining the Job Matrix and managing
- Audits GL coding and allocations for invoices, employee
reimbursements, and intercompany payments.
- Prepares Bank's and Bancorp's monthly general ledger variance
- Performs special projects as assigned, including GAAP research,
analysis, and implementation into all Accounting Department
- Keep current with industry and accounting and reporting changes
and ensure the company complies with those changes.
- Evaluate significant accounting transactions, research and
implement relevant new accounting standards, and prepare or review
technical accounting memorandums supporting all critical accounting
- Identifies process improvement opportunities.
- Represents the Accounting Department on project committees as
- Works closely with the Controller and the Director of Finance
to ensure accurate and timely filing of monthly Board packages,
monthly and quarterly regulatory reports, press releases, annual
financial statements, proxy statements, and tax returns.
- Promptly reports any identified material errors or suspicious
activity to the Controller and monitors through to resolution.
- Assist in audits and examinations.
- Participates in tax reporting, support preparation,
audit/review, and tax payments.
- Cross-train on other positions in the Finance Department as
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or
- 7+ years of accounting related experience
- 3+ years accounting related experience in the financial
- 3+ years in a managerial position
- Experience dealing with regulators, auditors, accountants, and
others in the industry. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Pacific Premier Bank, Irvine , Assistant Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!