Audit Associate - Business Services
Company: Mueller Prost
Posted on: September 13, 2020
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Performs a variety of entry-level accounting assignments,
demonstrating increasing knowledge of GAAP compilations, reviews
and audit engagements of financial statements.
- Efficiently and accurately prepares work papers; performs
procedures established under generally accepted accounting
principles to ensure accuracy and validity.
- Assists in the preparation of financial statements with
appropriate footnote disclosures.
- Assists in the preparation of client tax returns for
individual, corporate, partnership, and others.
- Participates in the preparation of routine correspondence;
processes reports; develops/maintains spreadsheets; assists in
research of technical issues as necessary.
- Participates in developing business solutions for the client;
begins to analyze and evaluate internal controls on assigned
- Demonstrates increasing knowledge and understanding of audit
compliance and relevant matters.
- Demonstrates increasing knowledge and understanding of the tax
- Demonstrates ability to monitor his/her own work status to meet
budgets, deadlines and quality control standards; appropriately
prioritizes multiple assignments.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and formulate alternative
solutions to problems; always keeps appropriate parties informed of
- Develops an understanding of clients' business, and of the
unique aspects of each client's industry.
- Develops meaningful management letter comments for improving
controls, processes, and business profitability.
- Regularly returns phone calls and other correspondence in a
- Actively promotes and facilitates teamwork throughout the
- Clearly and effectively communicates orally and in
- Begins to establish and maintain relationships with clients;
begins to develop and maintain referral network. Pursues
opportunities for firm growth.
- Maintain and expand professional skills via CPE and other
- Contribute to the firm's objectives by fostering a positive
environment with personal cooperation and a good attitude.
- Demonstrate firm's objective of integrity and professional
compassion by treating others fairly and with respect.
- Exhibit professional conduct towards visitors, clients and
fellow employees through appearance and manner.
- Maintains good attendance arriving on time and provides
adequate notice of needed absences..
WHAT WE SEEK
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or related field (completion of
hours required to sit for the CPA exam is highly preferred.
- Experience gained through public accounting internships, or one
to two years in an accounting business environment is
- Must possess proficiency in Microsoft Office package, and the
ability to become proficient in the Firm's other software
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to plan and organize workINDUSTRIES WE
SERVICE--- Healthcare--- Manufacturing--- Not-For-Profit---
Regulatory--- Professional Services--- Real Estate---
Construction--- Employee BenefitsABOUT MUELLER PROSTMueller Prost
is an equal opportunity employer and a firm believer in work-life
balance. We invite you to learn more about our firm by visiting our
website at http://muellerprost.com.
- Best Places to Work 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 Winner, St.
Louis Business Journal
- Largest Accounting Firms List, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019,
St. Louis Business Journal
- The 2020 Regional Leaders - Top 100 Firms: Midwest, Accounting
- Who's Who in Law and Accounting 2015, St. Louis Business
- Top 200 Fastest Growing Firms, 2018, Inside Public
Keywords: Mueller Prost, Irvine , Audit Associate - Business Services, Accounting, Auditing , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!