Company: NextGen Healthcare
Posted on: May 16, 2020
* Responsible for ensuring that revenue is recognized in accordance
with Company policy and the New Revenue Standard (ASC 606) under US
* Oversee and complete accounting close activities, including
preparation and review of journal entries, reconciliations, and
analysis of revenue and related areas
* Preparation of schedules and analysis required for reporting and
disclosures, internal processes, and auditors
* Review of significant revenue contracts and revenue recognition
packages to ensure proper allocation and recognition of revenues
and appropriate documentation of accounting conclusions
* Learn and become proficient at navigating the Revenue Accounting
and Reporting (RAR) module of SAP to post and analysis revenue
allocation and recognition
* Partner with Sales, Billing, Credit & Collections, Legal,
Operations, and Finance business partners to provide
recommendations, guidance, and implications to revenue recognition
for complex sales transactions.
* Perform technical accounting research and summarize findings in
technical memorandum, as needed
* Maintain compliance with internal controls and policies and
identify process improvements
* Interact with internal and external auditors on revenue
recognition related matters, as needed
* Assist with and/or manage ad hoc reporting, analysis, or other
projects, as needed
* This position may require knowledge of applicable data privacy
practices and laws.
* All employees of NextGen are required to complete annual HIPPA
and compliance training.
* All employees of NextGen are required to read and accept code of
conduct upon hire and annually thereafter.
REVENUE MANAGER SPECIFICS
The Revenue Manager is a business critical and technical accounting
role that reports directly to the Senior Director of Accounting. In
additional to overseeing the traditional revenue accounting tasks,
such as review of sales contracts, monthly and quarterly accounting
close responsibilities, reconciliations, and analysis of revenue
and related areas, and preparation of quarterly and annual
schedules for auditors and executives, the Revenue Manager will
often work closely with the CFO and/or the Sales, Billing, Credit &
Collections, Legal, Operations, and Finance business partners to
provide recommendations and guidance on complex sales transactions.
The Revenue Manager will be expected to maintain compliance with
internal controls and make appropriate improvements to internal
processes, as needed, to enhance efficiency and ensure that
practices are in line with the overall goals of the
* Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
* Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to
solve a problem.
* Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with
others using the spoken word.
* Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing
clearly and concisely.
* Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs
while following company procedures.
* Financial Aptitude - Ability to understand and explain economic
and accounting information, prepare and manage budgets, and make
sound long-term investment decisions.
* Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs
effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
* Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and
effectively supervise others.
* Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following
a systematic method of performing a task.
* Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to
organize and complete work within given deadlines.
* Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work
toward a goal.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school)
required with major in accounting, finance, business
administration, or similar field
* 4 plus years of experience in accounting management position,
finance or similar role
* Public accounting background highly preferred (Big 4
* Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP
* Prior experience with revenue recognition under ASC 606 required
(within the software industry a plus)
* Experience with SAP or other complex ERP systems preferred
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
* Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and ability to quickly learn
specialized software applications
Certifications & Licenses:
* Current or prospective CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
NextGen Healthcare believes in strength through diversity. We are
an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer
supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified
applicants are considered for employment without regard to age,
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential
function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
Because NextGen Healthcare believes in providing a safe work
environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring
Why not work somewhere better? The road to better starts with a
single step. Join us on our relentless quest to improve the lives
of those who practice medicine and those they care for. Our goal?
Healthier patients, happier providers and happier employees. Please
visit our website at: www.nextgen.com.
Responsible for managing the revenue recognition accounting and
reporting function, including overseeing a revenue recognition team
comprise of staff and senior level accountants, and ensuring that
revenue is recognized in accordance with Company policy and the
revenue recognition standards under US GAAP.
Regular / Temp
Keywords: NextGen Healthcare, Irvine , Revenue Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!