Business Systems Analyst - Finance
Company: 5.11 Tactical
Posted on: March 26, 2020
"We are innovators who make purpose-built gear for life's most
Our ethos defines our culture- Trusted, Responsive, Accountable and
5.11 Tactical has established itself as the fastest-growing and
most well-known brand of tactical apparel, gear and functional
products in the world. Through a commitment to operator-led product
innovation, quality and compelling value, 5.11 has developed a
loyal following among some of the most demanding and discerning
end-users of apparel and gear.
At our Operations Center in Manteca and Development Center in
Irvine, we leverage our deep relationships with Law Enforcement,
Special Forces Operators and First Responders to gain unique
insights. The results are products that break new ground combining
ruggedness, speed, range of motion and ultimate comfort in
professional duty, tactical training, adventure, women's tactical,
fitness and industrial professionals.
Responsible for effectively leading efforts to implement and
support information technology solutions for business critical
processes. The Business Systems Analyst acts as a liaison for the
Information Technology team with both internal and external
business partners. The position will work within the business to
define business requirements, facilitate discussion and agreement
on process design amongst stakeholders, develop business processes,
validate business processes against the system(s) and conduct
feasibility assessments of process and technologies within the
Microsoft D365 implementation project.
The Business Systems Analyst will be the"subject matter expert"
both from a business perspective and a system / process
functionality perspective for all D365 Finance Modules. *
Experience with Dynamics 365 or AX 2012 R3 are required.
This role will also be required to take some trips
- Oversee the development of specifications related to changes in
the business functions or new functionality.
- Review and edit requirements, specifications, business
processes and recommendations related to proposed solutions.
- Participate in the definition, implementation and distribution
of operating procedures.
- Hold design review sessions with cross-functional team members
to review requirements.
- Coordinate and execute user acceptance testing sessions.
- Provide in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Dynamics
application and evaluate financial processes against the standard
Microsoft Dynamics functionality.
- Conduct acceptance testing and training to Accounting and
Finance Teams to successfully use and maintain the Microsoft
- Gather important data necessary for troubleshooting.
- Obtain sign off of functional specification(s) from all cross
functional project team members.
- Develop functional specifications and system design
specifications for project engagements.
- Interact with the Business community and IT resources to
identify required changes.
- Perform systems analyst activities and make recommendations in
areas that require a high level of technical competency.
- Review all user documentation and monitor testing.
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on, escalated
and resolved in a timely manner.
- Assist in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Manage resources in accordance with project schedules.
- Consistently deliver high-quality services.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have the
- Bachelor's Degree in related area
- 5+ years experience supporting IT projects and applications,
preferably Finance applications
- 3+ years experience working with Dynamics D365 in a Technical
Business Analyst role
- Significant experience drafting, developing and implementing
core business processes
- Ability to draft operations reports to satisfy the data and
analytical needs across all Finance functions
- Familiar with principles of application programming, database
and system design
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to coordinate and work
effectively with business stakeholders and other specialists
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership and to manage and
- Strong organizational skills, written and verbal skills,
ability to understand and explain issues to colleagues and users
from both a technical and a business functional point of view
- Must have strong problem solving skills and be capable of
breaking down complex problems to identify and resolve root causes;
this applies to both technical issues and process issues
- Facilitates effective team interaction
- Experience with implementing and/or supporting Microsoft
- Experience with Microsoft D365 Finance modules
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio
- Ability to work at a detailed level while maintaining an
overall project perspective
- Ability to travel Internationally
At 5.11 Tactical, everyone has the opportunity to be a leader and
perform in an exceptional manner. We strive to uphold ourEthos
which defines our culture-Trusted,Responsive,Accountable
- Strive to create trust in everything we do, starting with
self-trust and relationship trust. We work on the components of
integrity, intent, capability and results.
- Listen to the needs of our end-user Professionals, then
develop, produce and deliver solutions to their problems. Each of
us chooses to be a leader and takes charge of what is within our
circle of influence.
- Seek to achieve results with a bias for action. We like to
compete and be measured against the most demanding standards to
ensure our continued success.
- Overcome obstacles to accomplish our goals and support our team
members when challenges arise. We complete commitments and seek
to'over-deliver" relative to expectations.
5.11's practice is to hire at 18 years of age and older only
Keywords: 5.11 Tactical, Irvine , Business Systems Analyst - Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!