Cost Accountant (Entry Level)
Company: Parker-Hannifin Racor Div
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $14.3 billion,
global company. With annual sales of $14.3 billion in fiscal year
2019, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified
manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems,
providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of
mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has
operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased
its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 63 consecutive fiscal
years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records
in the S&P 500 index. Parker's engineering expertise and broad
range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve
some of the world's greatest engineering challenges. By partnering
with customers, Parker improves their productivity and
profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest
Department Marketing Statement
Parker Aerospace is a global leader in the research, design,
integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of
flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance,
thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and
components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. The
company supports the world's aircraft manufacturers, providing a
century of experience and innovation for commercial and military
- Applies principles of accounting to analyze diverse and complex
financial information and prepares financial reports. Responsible
for the accuracy, integrity, control and timeliness of financial
reports, analyses, systems, and processes. This position will
specialize in cost accounting functions and value stream reporting
- Works with all operational units, corporate/staff and select
third parties in ensuring compliance with corporate policies and
procedures while maintaining accounting controls.
- Performs Cost Accounting month-end close entries and
- Performs inventory reporting and analysis
- Reviews and updates product costs and ensure proper inventory
- Analyze cost of sales, cost trends, identify drivers for cost
- Review excess and obsolete inventory
- Coordinate inventory cycle counting program, investigate
variances, and ensure compliance with policies Value Stream
Reporting and Analysis:
- Prepare monthly Value Stream financial reports, including
P&Ls and related analysis
- Perform various Value Stream targeted cost analyses
- Support Value Stream Organizations and Business Teams Other
- Compiles and analyzes diverse and complex account information
to provide management with accounting information necessary to make
- Performs economic research and studies subjects such as rates
of return, depreciation, working capital, investments, and
financial and expense comparisons by analysis of profit and loss
statements and income statements.
- Recommends financial actions to management by analyzing
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information,
preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other
- Maintains accounting controls by auditing compliance with
accounting policies and procedures. Writes and recommends policies
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing
- Maintains financial security by following accounting policies
and internal controls.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and
interpreting complex accounting policies and regulations.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by
keeping financial information confidential.
- Prepares diverse and complex financial reports by collecting,
analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and
making comparative analyses.
- Applies continuous improvement techniques and methods to
internal processes and systems.
- May lead or be assigned to a special project team.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing professional publications,
establishing professional networks, and/or participating in
- Complies with federal and state legal requirements and
professional standards. Studies existing and new legislation,
enforces adherence to requirements; and advises management on
- May provide leadership to others in accounting or within a
business team. Acts as prime contact on high level projects.
- Establishes goals and objectives required to complete projects.
Trains and mentors less experienced employees.
- Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents company on
high level projects.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team
responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement).
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in Accounting. Demonstrated ability to
perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired
through two or more years of related experience. Knowledge, Skills
- Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles,
laws, and regulations, including Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
and/or Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Ability to effectively assess and implement continuous
improvement principles and techniques.
- Proficient with automated accounting systems, spreadsheet
applications, and internet/intranet communications.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex financial
- Ability to prepare detailed reports, graphs, presentations, and
- Ability to respond to questions from management and customers;
respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory
agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to
team members, team leaders, and top management.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and
participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for
all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based
upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin,
disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status,
or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent
Resident is required for most positions.
("Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor") If
you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity
as an applicant under the law, please go to
Keywords: Parker-Hannifin Racor Div, Irvine , Cost Accountant (Entry Level), Accounting, Auditing , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!